CF: How and where was the mix recorded?
It was recorded during office hours while pretending to “work from home”. We mostly used AutoCAD to mix it.
CF: You both come from a background in visual arts, what is your relationship with music like? How connected is music to your visual practice?
We think there is no direct connection between the two, we just listen to music all day of everyday and are constantly sharing with each other.
CF: Tell us about your Malas Ideas mixes, what’s the concept behind it and what inspired you to start a mix series?
We wanted a place where we could go and listen to all of the different stuff we like mixed together. The name (“Bad Ideas”) comes from the way we have lived most of our adult lives.
CF: If you were trapped indoors and had to survive by only listening to 10 records, what would they be?
Young Thug – Jeffrey
Madlib & Freddie Gibbs – Piñata
John Coltrane – Giant Steps
Luny Tunes – Mas flow 1
Mach Hommy – Haitian Body Odor
Chet Baker – Let’s Get Lost
Coil – Music To Play At Dark 1 & 2
Guerrilla Seca – La realidad más real
Daddy Yankee – Barrio Fino
Broadcast – The Peel Sessions
CF: What’s your favourite thing about living in Barcelona? What would you recommend to someone visiting for 24h?
Definitely don’t come here at all, this place is terrible
CF: What’s the first thing you’ll do once the COVID-19 lockdown is over?
01. Chavela Vargas – no soy de aquí ni soy de allá
02. Santos Colon – te esperaré
03. Orchestre Tropicana d’Haiti – Dans la vie chacun a son kina
04. Grupo Madera – Canto a Chango
05. Juan Rutina – María
06. Kelman Duran – 1984, primero, último
07. Tego Calderon – Los maté
08. Hector el Father ft Yomo – Déjale caer toel peso
09. Arcangel – Invicto
10. Don Omar – Dale don dale
11. Daddy Yankee – Aquí esta tu caldo
12. Wisin y Yandel – Pam Pam
13. Bad Bunny, Jowell & Randy, Ñengo Flow – Safaera
14. Ivy Queen – Yo quiero bailar
15. Babatunde Olatunji – Stepping (Isise)
16. Shabazz Palaces – #CAKE
17. Billy Woods – western education is forbidden
18. Keisha Plum – Peace
19. Sarathy Korwar – Pravasis